Other Names: Chromic Acid, Chromic Anhydride, Chrome Acid Anhydride
Chemical formula: CrO3
Molecular weight: 99.994
Appearance: Dark red flakes
Melting point: 197℃ (starts to decompose)
Specific gravity: 2.70 g/cm3
Strong oxidation, deliquesce readily in air and highly soluble in water. Flammable in friction with organic compounds. Poisonous.
Widely used in chromium plating, wood preservation, medicine, catalyst, pigment, oxidizing agent, glass coloring, mordant of textile, and etc. Also used as a material producing oxidation catalyst.
- Do not store with the reducing agent or inflammable substance.
- Seal the package, and avoid moisture and damage during storage and transport.
- Keep away from fire, heat, and direct sunlight.
- Wear a mask and protective clothing.
- Do not smoke, eat, or drink in the workplace.
- Skin or eye contact: Immediately rinse thoroughly with running water.
- Fire: Use water spray and sand to extinguish the fire.
- Inhalation: Remove from exposure immediately and keep your respiratory passage open.
- Ingestion: Immediately rinse the mouth with water, stomach pumping, drink some milk or egg white, and seek medical attention.
Store in a cool, well-ventilated location.